I have put together a list of "local" field trips I want to take my children on this year, and have researched everything within driving distance, that's both fun and educational!
Since summer is here, I know lots of families have some free time, and are looking at having some fun (affordable) family days aside from the usual Vacation-ing we all do here in Europe this time of year, So i thought i would pass along my treasured list! If you know of any new families to the area, feel free to send this link on. ( Sorry my dear state side buddies! this post is just for the local mamas!) =)
Some of these places you Mamas may already know about, and others I hope you will check out and enjoy with your kinders. Please post a note if you did get to visit any of these places, I would love to hear about it!
Make sure to keep this book-marked!
Dinos, Volcanoes, Nature & More!
- Freizeitpark Lochmuhle Since the "Lochmühle" started out as a farm, the relation between men, animals and nature means a lot to us. A lot of native species still live here. THERE IS ALSO AN AMUSEMENT PARK ON PROPERTY
- Kurpfalz-Park Anima wild parkl, rides, pirates, climbing and much more.
- Fort Fun Adventure Land- western theme
- Europa Park - fantastic themed hotels too!
- Holiday Park
- Freizeitpark Klotten- Cochem
- Eifel Park
- Playmobile Fun park - 3 hour drive
Extra Fun Day Trips
- Wawi Chocolate Factory - Pirmasens
- Easter Egg Museum -
- Largest Easter egg market
- Titanic Exhibit - Till August 2010 - wiesbaden
- Planetarium- Mannheim
- Luisen Park- Mannheim.. this is a family favorite. we love this place. click for photos they have a fanstastic butterfly house too! you can read more about this place under my section for field trips.
- Indoor Sled/Ski Hill Metz France OPEN YEAR ROUND! and located in the same spot as the metz zoo and sledding is the
- IMAX 3D Theatre Metz- for show times click here - Currently palying Dinosaurs in 3-D Lions 3-D Grand Canyon Adventure 3-D
- Bostal See - near Baumholder! So close! Best man made lake with a GREAT beach in the area! plan to spend the day. ( resturants, parks, boats, )
- Homburg Caves
- Rose Garden - Zweibrucken
- Wild park- Potzberg ( local)
- Yabadoo - Mehlingen- (local) Indoor play center... Tons of fun!
- High Ropes Course- Baumholder ( local)
- Adventure Rope Park - Homburg (local)
Fun Swimming Pools
- Calypso - Saarbrucken
- Monte Mare- Kaiserslautern - wave pool, innertube slides, outdoor childrensplay, and indoor childrens play. resturant.
Have fun this summer!